This manual provides the basic information you need for the optimal usage of your Stand-Alone-Player. Please read and follow the subsequent points carefully, so that you can set up your Stand-Alone-Player quickly and easily. We show you the necessary settings in just a few steps.
A power cord, a power adapter and a VESA-Mount kit are included in the delivery of the Stand-Alone-Player.
Accepting the delivery
Attention – important note for accepting goods!
Please check directly upon receipt, whether the cardboard or packaging has been damaged (visual inspection). In this case, please refuse to accept the goods! The freight forwarder will take the delivery and initiate a new delivery.
In addition, please check the functioning of the delivered goods immediately after receipt (function test). The device must be unpacked, connected and switched on. If a defect is detected (e.g. damage of the housing) it must be reported to heinekingmedia GmbH within 3 working days after accepting the delivery (see chapter conduct in the event of damage). Please note that some possible defects of the display can only be detected when the display is switched on (e.g. devices does not start, pixel error, glass breakage)!
If the damage is reported later or if goods with visual transport damage have been accepted, heinekingmedia GmbH cannot initiate a free claims settlement and the customer has to bear all potential costs related to a repair and shipping!
Mounting and wiring
Attaching the wall mount
Fasten the rear panel of the VESA mount kit to a vertical surface with at least 4 screws (maximum 8 screws possible). Note that the embossed arrow points upwards. Now hang the Stand-Alone-Player with the keyhole-shaped recesses in the housing (narrow side of the recesses facing upwards) on the corresponding hooks.
Connect the supplied power cable to the Stand-Alone-Player and connect the other end of the cable to an easily accessible power outlet (230V).
Now connect your display to the corresponding connector on the back of your Stand-Alone-Player using an HDMI or VGA cable. Make sure that your display is also connected to the power supply and that the correct signal source is selected. Please refer to the manual of your display and/or the manufacturer's website for correct wiring and configuration of your display.
Connect a LAN cable (not supplied) to the RJ45 network connector of your Stand-Alone-Player and connect the other end to a dedicated network outlet, switch or router.
If you want to connect the device wirelessly to a Wi-Fi network, please refer to chapter 6 (network settings) of this manual.
If the Internet connection is successful, please continue with step 5.
- Switch on the Stand-Alone-Player.
- After the Windows operating system has started, it takes about 30 seconds for the pre-installed software, the DSBplayer, to start.
- When the DSBplayer is started for the first time, it automatically shows a display identification. Please write the identification down. You will need this identifier later for the screen setup (Chapter 7).
- If you want to operate the Windows interface, connect the mouse and keyboard to your Stand-Alone-Player and press the "F4" key to exit the DSBplayer.
- To start DSBplayer again, open the start menu, navigate to the programs and open the folder "heinekingmedia GmbH". Here you find the link for the "heinekingmedia.Player.Starter". A click on this link starts the DSBplayer.
- If a proxy server is used in your network, press the key combination "Ctrl+Alt+P" while the DSBplayer is active.
- Tick the box "use proxy authentication" and enter the access data in the corresponding fields.
- Make sure that a LAN cable is connected.
- If further settings (e.g. a fixed IP address) are required, please contact your local IT department.
- Exit the DSBplayer by pressing the "F4" key on a connected keyboard.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the lower right corner of the task bar.
- Select your network, click on "connect" and enter the password (if necessary).
- Make sure that you have the access data for the DSBcontrol Portal, which you have received per e-mail from heinekingmedia GmbH.
- Open an Internet browser on your PC, navigate to the page http://dsbcontrol.de/ and log in with your user data.
- Click on "Mediaboxes" in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click the "create screen" button.
- The license is pre-selected automatically and does not need to be adjusted.
- Enter your display ID, which you noted in step 5, in the second field from the top.
Please note: the "-" character (hyphen) does not have to be entered.
- Fill in the subsequent fields completely, if possible. Mandatory fields are: screen name, description of the location and postcode.
- Click on the "next" button to configure the automatic switch-on and switch-off times
Automatic switch-on times
Automatic switch-on times must be set in the BIOS of your Stand-Alone-Player.
- To access the BIOS, connect a keyboard and mouse to the device.
- If necessary, exit the DSBplayer by pressing "F4".
- Open the start menu and click on "on/off".
- Hold down the "shift" key and click on "restart".
- In the following menu navigate to "troubleshoot/advanced" → "options/UEFI firmware settings" and then click on "restart".
- The device restarts and the BIOS menu appears. In this menu you can navigate with the mouse or keyboard through the arrow keys.
- In the BIOS, select the "power management setup" sub-item in the "advanced" tab.
- The BIOS settings may vary depending on the device. Please look at the following illustrations to see which one fits your device and adjust the individual points as shown.
- Apply the following settings: Deep S5 to "disabled" and EuP 2013 to "disabled".
- Exit the Power Management Setup by pressing the "Esc" key on the keyboard.
Now select the "wake up event setup". Here you can configure the daily switch-on time by entering the desired time in the "Time (hh) Alarm" for hours and "Time(mm) Alarm" for minutes. You can use the + and - keys on the keyboard or enter the time directly using the numeric keys. Confirm the entry with "enter".
To save your configuration, press the "F10" key and confirm with "yes". The unit will restart.
Automatic switch-off times
- Tick the box "activate automatic switch-off time".
- In the next step, specify, whether the device should shut down "daily at the same time" or "weekday-specific at a specific time".
- To complete the configuration of the switch-on and switch-off times, click "next" and on the next page on "save" to complete the setup.
Change from landscape to portrait format
By default, the screen is set up for landscape operation. To change this setting to portrait, follow these steps:
Settings in the DSBcontrol Portal
- Log on to the DSBcontrol Portal.
- Click on "DSBs".
- Click on "screen layouts".
- Click on "edit" in the category "options".
- Here you can create a new screen layout or use a template. Under the templates, you will find several Screendesign-templates in portrait format in the static schedule lines.
- Once you have selected a template, click on "next".
On the next page you have the option of allocating names to the individual sectors and selecting the module type. The following applies:
- In multimedia modules you can display uploaded documents (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, images) and the provided external content (e.g. weather).
- News ticker modules are purely text-based and can display news or RSS feeds created by you or from external websites (e.g. ARD).
- After selecting all module types, click "next".
- On the last page, if you use a DSB® with touch function, you can activate it for multimedia modules. To do this, tick "enable touch" or use the "custom settings".
- With news ticker modules you have the possibility to adjust the direction and speed of the news ticker as well as the separators, which are displayed between the individual news, by clicking on "user-defined settings".
- Once you have made all settings, click on "save" to complete the setup of your DSB®.
Settings on the Stand-Alone-Player (Mini-PC)
The next step is to change the display of your DSB® to portrait format. To do this, connect the mouse and keyboard to your DSB®.
- Press "F4" to exit DSBplayer.
- Right-click on the Windows desktop.
- In the menu that now appears, click on "screen resolution".
- Select "portrait" under "alignment" and click on "apply".
- Confirm the following query with the button "keep changes".
Conduct in the event of damage
If your Stand-Alone-Player needs repair due to damage or malfunction, please send an e-mail to heinekingmedia at the following address: email@example.com.
In order to be able to process your claim, we need some information, which should be mentioned completely in the e-mail. Please note that the repair can only be initiated if the requested information is complete.
- Serial number of the Stand-Alone-Player.
Can be found on a sticker on the underside of the device.
- Location (address, building section)
- Mounting height
- Exact error description
- Ideally photos showing the defect
- How did the damage occur?
- Contact person with e-mail address and telephone number
Help and support
(Applies to netschool customers only)
If you need further help, please contact the DSB Support Team via +49 (0) 511 67519-354 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: You can also find useful tips and video instructions for support and operation in the Control-Portal by clicking on the menu item "help".